- On the iPad, click on "Settings" and then "General" and scroll to the "Keyboard" menu.
- Click on "Text Replacement"
- In the upper right, click the "+" button
- Have the child enter their full email address into the "Phrase" field
- Have the child enter the secret shortcut text into the "Shortcut" field
*Teaching Tip: Be sure to check the student's spelling before finishing this process. While it can be changed later, if the goal is to "set it and forget it" you will want to be SURE to get it right the first time.
*Teaching Tip: Select a shortcut that the students won't be commonly typing to avoid their email address accidentally filling in when you don't want/need it. You may want to suggest a shortcut to the class that you know students won't commonly type.