WaukeshaOne--Call 4 Presenters! Join us 1/22/16!!
Coming this January (Friday January 22, 2016 at West High School), the School District of Waukesha will once again be hosting its very own learning summit for all staff. The WaukeshaOne Conference returns! Planning is under way for this exciting learning opportunity and celebration.
Days like these do not happen without the expertise of our educators and leaders. We are actively looking for SDW staff and administrators willing to share their technology experiences with others. Today we are launching the Waukesha One Conference - Call forPresenters. You may receive an invite from your principal, EC, coordinator or simply a nudge from a fellow co-worker... These are great indicators that you are doing something in your classroom/building that others would like to learn about. Whether invited or not, PLEASE consider submitting a proposal to share with others how you have integrated technology into your classroom and have taken the LevelUp! challenge.
Level Up! will be the theme for the conference. We are asking each presenter to use the SAMR progression to explain how they have taken their technology practice to a new level.
- What are you doing now in your classroom that you could not have accomplished without the technology?
- What steps did you take to get here?
- How has it transformed your instructional practice?
We encourage you to consider what contribution you can make to this special event. There are many opportunities to become involved, to share ideas for utilizing technology to support instructional strategies with your colleagues, to inspi
re others, and to collaborate with colleagues across the district to develop even more high quality instructional tools and practices. Everyone no matter the integration level are encouraged to submit a presentation proposal! Join us in making this another awesome learning experience!
There are three different presentation formats to choose from. Details are outlined below:
- Level Up! Session (These will be 1 hour sessions. ~40-45 min presentation/~15-20 min Q&A/digest information time for attendees). Prepare and share with others how you have used technology to LevelUp! your integration of technology in your instruction. This could be a lesson or unit and how you integrated technology or changed the activity to move it up the SAMR progression. Presentations and additional resources will be submitted for linking to the WaukeshaOne Conference website.
- Poster Session (Informal poster type session to share with your colleagues. You do not need to be present.) We are asking Poster Session presenters to create a "display/poster" showing how they have integrated technology in their classroom. You will also be asked to have a short (3-5 min) video explaining your display and what you did in the classroom. You will not be expected to be present at your display at any time during the day.
- Rock Star Stage (3-5 min presentation) on how you have LeveledUp! your professional practice.
The call for presenters is available here:https://goo.gl/rmVCdT
The Call for Presenters is scheduled to close on December 1st.
The Session Selection Committee will make determinations based upon the needs and applications received. Selected presenters will be sent more information in December.
If you have specific questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Wendy Liska - email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you, January 22nd!