- Learning now can take place on demand.
- Learning now can take place from home.
- Learning now can be custom tailored to our unique needs and interests by finding the appropriate offerings and resources (there are thousands).
As we look at warmer weather and a bit of non-student time ahead (let's not pretend our work ceases in the summer, but our daily direct connection to students lessens), here are some resources and opportunities you may want to put on your calendar to help facilitate your professional growth (specifically as it relates to instruction and the role technology can play). You'll notice that both face-to-face and virtual opportunities exist. (For many of us personal connections are still a necessity!)
Virtual - Live
- Google Education on Air - May 8 - 9 (Registration Required)
- This free online conference has sessions for every level, every subject, and every position (admin track, teacher track, IT track, anybody track) and brings together some of the most visible, noted, and interesting presenters to share what is happening in their classrooms (and how Google Apps supports that work).
- Ed Camp Milwaukee - May 9 (Registration Required)
- This free (no, seriously, it is TOTALLY free) unconference brings together educators across SE Wisconsin to share and learn from each other. Participants are encouraged to come with an idea for a session to lead or share in a full day of learning. Sessions can explore anything related to education.
Virtual - Recorded
- Blackboard K-12 Bits Webinar Series
- This series of webinars covers a wide range of topics related to Blackboard's wide range of instructional uses. Get great ideas that you can play with in your own Blackboard course.
- SDW Bb9 - Instructional Strategies course
- Log in to Bb9 and enroll in the instructional strategies course. There you will find a tab called Vanguard Professional Development Workshops. Get recordings of the same PD webinars on the core apps, Blackboard, and Google Apps that your Vanguard team has had access to. PD tailored to the tools you and your students have access to.
- SDW YouTube Playlists for Tech Integration
- There is a lot of content on YouTube. At times it can be difficult to sift through. Let the SDW Tech Coordinator team do the lifting and sorting for you. Here you will find our curated playlists for a wide variety of topics:
- If you subscribe you will receive notifications of newly posted videos that may solve your technology woes or give you new ideas.